Friday, January 30, 2009

Family

What is Family. What makes a Family. Biologically the Dictionary defines it as a group of objects united by a significant shared characteristic, and the common definition is a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household. Personally I would have to agree the the first definition. 

Today families are broken, twisted, and painful. It is expected of you to love everyone in your family without any questions, no matter what. I would have to disagree, and yes I may be a bit biased considering the family i have and am around but even so, I think friendship is a much more stronger bond than family. With friends you have the choice of loving someone for all they are and all they do, and I see that to better the strength of a family, in which you have absolutely no choice in the matter. 

I am soo soo very sick of the saying family is all you've got. If family is all I had than I'd end up with two dollars and a pile of shit in my hand. It seems I've chosen my friends way better than whoever chose my family. My friends are my family and mean more to me than alot of people I am related to. I just believe that if you love someone enough than blood and marriage really shouldn't define your "family." 

I guess what I'm saying is the word family has really lost its power on me considering all i've gone through. What matters is who still loves you at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment